458 University St. Ferndale, MI 48220
458 University became Sandi’s home with her Mother 32 years ago. When her Mother passed, she inherited the house and continued to live there for many years.
The Property Purchase
The house was in overall good condition. Sandi had maintained it well over the years, but it was time for a full update. It needed a new roof, windows, kitchen, bathroom, carpet, amongst other things.
Sandi wanted to move into a Senior Living Facility where she could make friends and not have the worry of maintaining a house anymore. She had her name down in many lists, but it was a waiting game. She began selling off her things and donating belongings to charity. She had a Realtor look at the house who told her she would have to move ALL her things out and do some renovations. Sandi also had an investor to see the house who told her the house was worth much less than it was. The unknown and lack of timelines was stressful for her.
Why They Chose Property Solvers
Sandi cared what happened to her house and who she sold it to. She liked that we didn’t insult her home, or have her move out right away. By choosing Property Solvers, Sandi gave herself control over the situation. She knew her house was sold and she could work at her own pace. When the day finally came and she received the call about an opening for the Senior Living Facility in Berkley, Sandi was prepared, ready to sell, and moved in the next week.
Brandon and Fiona helped me so much. I couldn't have done it without them. I'm happy because I know I sold my home to the right people. - Sandi, Ferndale
The Property Renovations
Follow Our Progress
Extremely outdated. All mechanicals were in good working order but needed updates throughout
- Opening up space - Expanded doorway between living and dining area. Cut an opening in the wall dividing kitchen and living room to create an open floor plan
- New roof, vinyl windows and Central A/C installation
- Kitchen update - Soft close cabinets. Granite counter tops, porcelain tile back splash, with breakfast top
- 1st floor bathroom update - Installed new tub, ceramic floor and wall tiles, glass shower door, new vanity, toilet and fixtures
- Finished basement - Sealed walls, framed, installed insulation and drywall. Painted ceiling joists black and installed recessed lighting
- New full bathroom - Installed a full bathroom in the basement which includes a walk-in shower
What a difference opening up a wall makes! By opening the dividing wall between kitchen and living room, it gave the house a much bigger feel and created a great social space. A simple detail changed the feel of the house dramatically. By finishing the basement and adding a second full bathroom we turned a small house into a house with plenty of living space.