715 Withington, Ferndale MI 48220
Mary lived at 715 Withington for over 15 years. "She enjoyed her time living in Ferndale", Charlie her son told us when we came to visit him at the house on a cold November day. Mary had passed the year previous and Charlie had been living there since, but the time had come to let go. Charlie and his brothers were ready to sell and he gave us a call.
The Property Purchase
Located just a stone throw from Downtown Ferndale, Michigan. This 2 bed, 1 bath was outdated throughout, but has great bones with no major mechanical work needed. Here's what the house looked like when purchased.
- Outdated kitchen with old laminate counter tops, vinyl paneling, and dated cabinets in the kitchen.
- The house has high ceilings throughout, giving the 1000 sq ft house a feeling of grandeur.
- Bathroom has vinyl tiles and a dated look.
- Large living and dining area with vinyl paneling on two walls. A gas fireplace in the living room, makes for a great feature.
- There was hardwood floors hiding underneath the old carpets.
- Garage looked scary, with broken door and old walls.
Knowing they wanted to sell their mother's house, Charlie invited Realtors over to value the house. Now that he knew the market value for the home, he gave Property Solvers a call to check us out. Not wanting to deal with the hassle of listing the house on market, the brothers believed a cash sale would suit them better. The house had been mostly cleared, they were ready to sell and wanted it to be easy.
Why They Chose Property Solvers
From the moment we met Charlie we got along. For Charlie, it was his mother's home and he wanted it to go to the right people. John, Charlie's brother, checked out our website and saw that we are a trustworthy company. When he gave us a call to discuss, he was pleased that we gave such a fair offer. They could have listed it for more, but after commissions and selling expenses they would have walked away with the same amount. By accepting our offer, they saved themselves from lengthy listing process and were still able to achieve their goal. We provided them with an easy, quick, and stress free sale. They could now part ways with their mother's home happy with the outcome, and satisfied they gave us a call.
Very smooth transaction from the first phone call. Brandon & Fiona are a very good business minded couple. Considerate, helpful, knowledgeable & patient. Wouldn't want to do business with anyone else. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! - Charlie
The Property Renovations
This house has been an easy renovation. Great bones, no major layout changes. Just much needed updates throughout
- Carpet everywhere - Removed carpet throughout. Refinished hardwood floors in living areas and installed new ceramic tiles in kitchen and bathroom
- 70's style paneling on walls - Removed paneling, repaired walls, and freshened them up with a new coat of paint
- Kitchen update - Installed brand new soft close cabinets, granite counter tops, ceramic floor tile and back-splash and new fixtures
- Bathroom update - New ceramic floor tile, wall tile, window, and fixtures
Smooth renovation process overall. This was achieved by being very organized in upfront. While we were quoting out the job, we were picking out materials. Before we awarded the job, all of our materials were ordered. Jobs get held up because materials don't arrive in a timely fashion. Since our materials were ordered in the very beginning, our contractors were able to keep rolling with no hold ups.